When mom used to cut cauliflower , i had the habit of picking a floret and eating that raw .. i still like to eat gobi that way , funny right .. well aloo gobi is on of my favorite vegetables. This subzi goes well with chapati , paratha or puri .
Here are the ingredients –
* 1 medium size cauliflower ( cut into small florets).
* 2 medium size potatoes .
* pinch of asefoetida .
* 2-3 tablespoon of oil .
* 1/4 teaspoon zeera or mustered seeds.
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
* 1 teaspoon red chili powder .
* 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoon dhania powder.
* 1 tablespoon garam masala powder .
* 1/4 teaspoon of fennel seeds ( optional but it gives nice aroma ).
* salt for taste.
*Oil for frying potatoes.
Cook florets in microwave for 3 -4 minutes .
Peel and cut potato in 1 inches peaces long and not very thick . Fry pieces in oil till golden brown and keep aside .
Heat oil in frying pan on medium high heat , add musterd seed or zeera and let it temper, add pinch of hing ( asafoedita ). Add half cooked cauliflower , add all spices except garam masala , add salt and saute well . sprinkle a little water , cover and cook for 5 – 7 mins. Once florets are well cooked and absorbs all spices add fried potato pieces and finally add garam masala powder . Cook for 2 min and take it of the heat . Transfer to the serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander.
* can sprinkle little lemon juice and enjoy tangy spicy taste.